Wash day saturday was a little different as I decided to apply Henna!
Henna is a plant that has been around for ages and is known for its natural properties- hello natural dye!!!
Henna is an excellent substitute if your hair is protein sensitive- it dries out hair also so you must follow with moisturizing products!
Henna Day…hair we go!
- The night before my treatment, I mixed Henna with hot water, a dash of Cinnamon and lemon juice (you need an acidic substance to activate the mix and I like the smell of lemon in my hair).
- Next step involved mixing into a thick paste and covering the bowl with clin film overnight.
- The following day, I rinsed hair in lukewarm water (2 parts hot, 1 part cold) before my prepoo to open my pores and clear mini product build up.
- Then I applied Petals Instant Conditioner, ZL Natural Oil mix with Carrot and ZL Onion Oil Blend to my scalp and hair for a super moisturizing pre-shampoo.
- After rinsing out my prepoo with lukewarm water, shampooed with Creme of Nature Moisture and Shine Shampoo
- Followed with a T-shirt drying to squeeze excess water then left my hair to air dry
It literally takes my hair 5 minutes to dry lol dry hair problems
- Proceeded to section my hair for detangling
- Then I applied henna to hair, tied clin film with and waited for 3.5 hours hmm
Got tired of waiting as I had a million and 1 things to do!!
UGH Henna is super messy huh sigh I wish it wasn’t messy ah well
- Finally, rinsed with lukewarm water then applied Petals Instant Conditioner then rinsed again!!! Oh T-shirt dried- air dried- moisturized and sealed .